The #ChipperChallenge SXSWEDU 2022 Giveaway (“Giveaway”) Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
This Giveaway is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States and Texas. You are not authorized to participate in the Giveaway if you are not located within the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or in Puerto Rico.
1. DATES OF GIVEAWAY. Giveaway begins at 2:00:00 pm Central Time (“CT”) on March 9, 2022 and ends at 5:00:00 pm CT on March 9, 2022 (the “Giveaway Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older or the age of majority in their state of residence (which is nineteen (19) in Alabama, Nebraska, twenty-one (21) in Mississippi, and eighteen (18) in all other states) as of the date of entry (the “Entrant”). Void outside of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Officers, directors, managers, and employees of Be Chipper Inc. (the “Sponsor”), and each of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, consultants and agents, as well as immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each such person, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Giveaway are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family member” shall be deemed to mean husband, wife, children, mother, father, sister, sister in-law, brother or brother in-law. Giveaway may only be entered in or from the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico, and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER. There are three (3) ways to enter:
(i) ONLINE REGISTRATION: Entrants registering via social media promotion can register for Chipper https://trychipper.app/e/SXSW2022 (the “Online Registration”). The app registration performed from this tracking link will capture Entrants’ First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Password. Each Online Registration will trigger a series of email and in-app messages that detail Giveaway logistics and terms of participation. Registration must be completed by March 9, 2022 at 1:45:00 pm CT in order to be eligible to win.
(ii) IN-PERSON REGISTRATION: Entrants registering in-person will scan a QR code pointing to https://trychipper.app/e/SXSW2022 (the “In-Person Registration”). The app registration performed from this tracking link will capture Entrants’ First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Password. Each In-Person Registration will trigger a series of email and in-app messages that detail Giveaway logistics and terms of participation. Registration must be completed by March 9, 2022 at 1:45:00 pm CT in order to be eligible to win.
(iii) IN-APP REGISTRATION: Entrants who are already registered with Chipper can request Entry through the app chatbot. The app registration performed from this tracking link will capture Entrants’ First Name, Last Name, and Email Address. Each In-App Registration will trigger a series of email and in-app messages that detail Giveaway logistics and terms of participation. Registration must be completed by March 9, 2022 at 1:45:00 pm CT in order to be eligible to win.
Regardless of the entry method used to enter the Giveaway, there is a limit of one (1) entry per Entrant for the entire Giveaway Period. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, and/or any other methods will void that Entrant’s entry and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Giveaway. Entries submitted by anyone other than the Entrant are void. In case of dispute as to the identity of any Entrant, entry will be declared made by the registered name and address on such entry. Any potential Prize Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that such person is the Prize Winner.
Sponsor is not responsible for any entry that is lost, late, illegible, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, human error, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, technical malfunctions, or otherwise. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
4. WINNING. On or about March 9, 2022, Giveaway winners will be determined from all eligible entries received by Sponsor by the entry deadline and completed participation in the #ChipperChallenge at SXSWEDU. By entering the Giveaway, Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Giveaway.
To be eligible to receive a prize, all Entrants must register for an account with Sponsor and link student loans when prompted at the time of entry. In the event that an Entrant does not have any linked loans on their Sponsor account, loans must be linked within one (1) business day. If any Entrants are unable to link loans, they must contact Sponsor’s Support Team via the app to help resolve the issue, otherwise, the Entrant will be disqualified and the next qualifying Prize Winner will be awarded a Prize.
GRAND PRIZE: One (1) grand prize will be awarded, consisting of a Sponsor payment toward each Prize Winner’s student loans in the amount of $5,000 (the “Grand Prize”). Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $5,000.
FIRST PRIZES: Three (3) first prizes will be awarded, each consisting of a Sponsor payment toward each Prize Winner’s student loans in the amount of $1000 (each a “First Prize”). Total ARV of all First Prizes is $3,000.
SECOND PRIZES: Four (4) second prizes will be awarded, each consisting of a Sponsor payment toward each Prize Winner’s student loans in the amount of $500 (each a “Second Prize”). Total ARV of all Second Prizes is $2,000.
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded is $10,000.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit of one (1) Prize per person. All Prizes are non-transferable or assigned and no substitutions or cash redemptions; except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes. In the case of unavailability of any Prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value. All Sponsor payment terms and conditions apply to the use of the Prizes, and are incorporated herein by reference. Each Prize Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, including taxes imposed on his/her/their income. No more than the stated number of Prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. Potential Prize Winners consent to the use of his/her/their name, likeness, biographical information, and voice in advertising worldwide without additional compensation (TN residents will not be required to sign a Publicity Release as a condition of winning a Prize).
All Prize Winners will be notified by Sponsor by email and/or in-app message on or about March 10, 2022 (the “Notification”). All Prize Winners must respond to Notification within three (3) business days of Sponsor’s first Notification. In the event a Prize Winner fails to respond to the Notification within 3 business days of the Sponsor’s first Notification to the Prize Winner or if it is determined by Sponsor, in their sole discretion, that a Prize Winner is not eligible in accordance with these Official Rules, the next qualifying Prize Winner will be awarded the Prize. Prize winners will be required to complete, sign, notarize and return (except where prohibited) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within three (3) business days of the Notification. After verification of the Affidavit/Release, All Prizes will be issued directly to the Prize Winner’s student loan servicer. All Prize Winners must return the Affidavit/Release within the date and time indicated in the Notification. If a Prize Winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release within the date and time indicated in the Notification, or is found to be ineligible, or if he/she/they does not comply with the Official Rules, such Prize Winner and his/her/their entry will be disqualified and the next qualifying Prize Winner will be awarded the Prize. If the Notification is returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and the next qualifying Prize Winner will be awarded the Prize.
The value associated with each Prize is taxable as income and each Prize winner is solely responsible for any taxes, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of each Prize. The Sponsor must report the value of each Prize to the Internal Revenue Service in the year the Prize is received by the Prize Winner and will be reported to the Prize Winners and the Internal Revenue Service in the form of a Form 1099.
The value associated with each Prize will be distributed towards Prize Winner’s highest interest loan, which consists of any public or private loan with one of the eleven (11) loan servicers (“Qualified Student Loans”): Edfin, Navient/Aidvantage, Great Lakes, Fedloan, Granite State, Mohela, Nelnet, AES, FirstMark, OSLA, Sallie Mae. Qualified Student Loans will be awarded within 14 business days after a Prize Winner links their loans or is deemed a potential Prize Winner. Prizes for students whose loans are not yet linked to a Qualified Student Loan may be credited loan balances to pay toward Prize Winner’s student loans in the future. Prize Winner must allow reasonable coordination between Sponsor and his/her/their loan servicer for this award to be applied to Prize Winner’s student loans.
8. CONDITIONS. This Giveaway is conducted in English. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Rules and the English Abbreviated Rules or other statements contained in any Giveaway-related materials, including, but not limited to: any entry form, survey, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these English Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners. By participating in this Giveaway, Entrants and Prize Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all respects and not subject to appeal. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify permanently from this Giveaway any Entrant it believes has violated these Official Rules and verify eligibility of Entrants. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any Entrant regarding this Giveaway, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. By participating in this Giveaway, Entrants, and Prize Winners release the Sponsor from any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of participation in the Giveaway, and/or the receipt or use/misuse of any prize awarded, including, without limitation, liability for personal injury, death or property damage. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Giveaway. All Giveaway materials are subject to verification and are void if (a) not obtained in accordance with these Official Rules and through legitimate channels, (b) any part is counterfeited, altered, defective, damaged, illegible, reproduced, tampered with, mutilated or irregular in any way, (c) are obtained where prohibited, or (d) they contain printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors. Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of Giveaway materials submitted to Sponsor. In the event any portion of this Giveaway is compromised by activities beyond the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Giveaway. Winning a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use Prize Winners' names, addresses (city & state), voices and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity, for this Giveaway only, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Giveaway or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor. If for any reason this Giveaway is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Giveaway, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS.
9. NO LIABILITY: By participating, Entrants and Prize Winners agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claims made by any Entrant, Prize Winner, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this Giveaway as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from receipt, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in any promotion related activity or participation in this Giveaway.
11. SPONSOR. Be Chipper Inc. 1406 Hether Street, Austin, TX 78704.
This Giveaway shall not be published without the written permission of the Sponsor.